First of all, I apologize for not writing more often. I guess I didn't have much to say. I know Samantha will give me more words to write than I could ever imagine. Here is a little update.
We had a wonderful Christmas. My brother and dad came up to the wilds of Wyoming, and promptly got snowed in. We had a good time though. My dad helped us finish our kitchen so I have all my new appliances in, and what a difference. We had a great time and they finally got to leave on Sunday.
For those of you who don't know, I have made a career change to what may be one of the most challenging yet most rewarding careers of my life. I have resigned from the school district, and I am going to be a stay at home mom. I cannot put into words how blessed I feel to be able to do this. There will be a lot of challenges, but she is worth it. Praise the Lord for his provisions. He is so good to us.
Will and I are doing great. He is ready for a new year but is doing well at work. We went to the doctor Tuesday, December 29th. My orginal due date was January 3rd and then when we got the ultrasound they said December 30th. I was always convinced that she would be early. Well, its December 30th and no Samantha. The doctor told us yesterday I should go into labor at anytime and that all we needed were some contractions. Samantha's heart rate was 140 and she is about 6-7 pounds. I am measuring small at 34 inches. I guess I should measure 39. I cannot think of being any bigger. Anyway, we are waiting and I am walking the treadmill. So, if she doesn't decide to come any time soon we have an appointment on Monday, January 4th at 5:00am to go in and be induced. The doctor said it could still be an all day process since this is my first. So, between now and Jan. 4th. By Jan. 4th we will absolutely have our little girl.
I have sincerely enjoyed being pregnant although I can say now I am ready not to be pregnant. I will miss being able to feel her move around, and I will miss her reactions to her daddy's hand being on my tummy. I will miss her jumping around during worship service. But, I will not miss feeling like I need a pully system to get out of bed, the heartburn, the bathroom trips, and the many many birthing stories I have heard from strange women. But, we have been blessed by a good pregnancy. Thank you Jesus.
Good for you Ashley. Your Mother would be so proud that you are staying home with her grandbaby. Can't wait to hear she is here, safe and sound. God be with you.
ReplyDeleteYAYYY!!!! SO happy for you & Will...you guys are going to be great parent! Blessings to you and your newest family member :)
ReplyDelete