I am so glad there will be only 5 parts to this saga!! What a long day! We stationed ourselves in the bathroom for 90% of the day. Snacks, drinks, and a movie in the bathroom. That little sticker saw me yesterday take the top of the princess potty and put in on our potty to see if it was one of those that converts and clips to a regular potty. It does. And so, she would not sit on the princess potty. No, it was not until I figured out that she had to sit on the big potty. I put the potty part of her potty on the big potty, then she would sit on it. We did this all morning until 11 when I put her and myself down for a nap and then again from 1 to 3. I gave up at 3 and put her in a diaper. She would pee on the floor, run into the bathroom and then sit on the toilet. Every time! She pooped in her diaper which I'm thinking is what woke her up from her nap so we didn't even get to try that today. After sitting on the bathroom floor for oh 4 to 5 hours my back is killing me. It was funny when we went out to dinner because she said hi to everyone. We laughed because you could totally tell she had been inside all day and needed some other interaction.
I'm going to stick to what I had promised and I'm not going to quit until Sunday night. I think although we didn't have any success today we did have progress. She did sit on the potty, the big one no less, yesterday she would do no such thing. And, she did recognize that she need to go to the potty even if it was a little late. I think this will be gradual for her, so hopefully in the next couple of days we can see some more progress. Baby steps, right? Okay, I'm having some wine and going to bed.
Signing off...
PTM
No comments:
Post a Comment