Sunday, July 24, 2011
Summer time
We have had a really great summer. In June I ran a half marathon with two friends in Deadwood, SD. It was beautiful. We ran through the Black Hills. All I can say is that I finished, and I finished painfully. I'm glad I did it but it will be along time before I do it again. We went to Denver in June and took Samantha to the Denver Zoo. It was so much fun. She knows her animals and would say hi to all of them with a wave. She did really good until it was time to leave the wild horses. This girl loves horses. We got ice cream to make it all better before we headed out of the gate. Will and I had our first alone date without Samantha. We went to a Rockies game to celebrate Father's Day early and Samantha stayed the day with the Pahls. It was really nice and we had a blast.
The summer has been full of fun at the park with friends, getting back into working out after having to recover for a couple of weeks after my run, and we are hosting a Financial Peace University class at our house every Monday night. I really recommend it to everyone.
Samantha and I just got back from Colorado. We stayed at my Dad's house and my cousin Robbie and his wife Amy along with their kids, Bailey and Eli came to visit for two days. We packed as much as you can do in two days as possible. Monday we took them fishing in Creede and then they rode four-wheelers around the barn and then Tuesday we went to the Colorado Alligator Farm, San Dunes and they rode horses that night. Samantha threw the biggest fit, so Papa took her for a little ride when they got back. We had so much and Samantha loves Bailey and Eli.
Samantha is doing really well. She has grown so much over the last few months. At her 12 month apt. she was 25% in weight and 50% in height. At her 18 month apt. she was 60% in weight and 75% in height! She is still talking up a storm and can tell you pretty much anything now. The next two weeks we are doing swim lessons, and she loves the KidsZone at the rec center so that is great for me because I can work out. We will go back to that this week too. Overall, the Hart house is staying joyfully busy, but balanced with rest and sweet Samantha time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment