Friday, September 16, 2011

Fun Pictures and Update

Samantha with Uncle Kyle and Ashley at the ranch. 

Samantha wearing the pearls Uncle Kyle got her from China.

Samantha at the Old McDonald Farm in South Dakota.


Waiting for the pig race.

Samantha loved this ride. She was driving like a pro and a bonus, she got to ride with mini Elvis.

Samantha waved to all the animals as they went by.

Samantha HAD to have her bears sitting with her while she had her dinner, they had important things to talk about.


This summer has really flown by. We ended the month of July with another trip down to the ranch to not only spend time with my Dad, but to see Kyle, Ashley and Grandma Imogene. We had a great time and Samantha loved, I mean loved her Uncle Kyle. She would walk out of the Potato House and yell, "Kye!" I think my brother now realizes how exhausting a toddler can be. One of the highlights of the trip was Samantha riding with Papa in his new John Deer Tractor and then throwing a complete fit when Uncle Kyle got to ride in it and not her. I mean I have never seen this child throw such a fit.

Two weeks later Will's mom, aka...Nana came to visit, and it was so nice. The first day she was here we went to South Dakota close to Rapid City and went to the Old McDonald Farm. Samantha loved it. Well, she loved most of it. Her and I did not enjoy the goat pin, because I forgot that when you bring in goat food they just about run you over. We didn't not enjoy that. Samantha also did not appreciate the crowing roosters make. She had never heard them do that before, and it scared her to death. She loved all  the other animals though and they had every farm animal you could think of and you could pet every one of them. They also had a tractor pull. I put pictures above. Samantha loved it! I, on the other hand, was a bit squimish the first time I put her in it. First of all, I didn't know it went as fast as it did and second of all, I didn't realize it would take her as far away from me as it did. I was sure when they went by the horses that she would jump out (she was buckled in though). I was seriously dizzy the whole time 2 minutes the ride took. She didn't it two more times and I did better by the third time. We also went to a crystal cave. I had never done a cave thing before and it was okay. Samantha didn't do very well so her and Daddy went back to the car. The week with Roberta was wonderful. She watched Samantha for me, help us clean our our shed and pulled a horrid bush in our backyard. I really wanted her to stay for another week.

This month is really busy because we start all our fall activities. For me biblestudy and my stroller class started and on Wednesdays there is an activities class for toddlers Samantha is going to start next week. Three times a week I watch Samantha's BFF Maddie (you have seen lots of pictures of Maddie) since her momma is going back to school. Its an easy job really. And we have our playdates and I still work out in the morning. Will is incredible busy this month. Right now as we speak he is at men's retreat with the men from our church in Montana somewhere in the mountains. I'm assuming they are shooting their bows (since Will took his), climbing, hiking, and eating a lot of meat. Just kidding. It is a retreat based off the book Wild at Heart. It is an amazing spiritual weekend and I'm excited to hear what God does in Will's life and the rest of the men there. Next weekend Will is bow hunting, and then the last weekend of September is has a work trip to Texas. We are slammed!

Samantha is doing awesome and she is funnier than ever. Just one example: One day I went to get her from nap and I could smell that there was a dirty diaper and I asked Samantha, "Sam, did you go poopoo?" She replied, "Noooo, bear stinky." Really bear huh. She is very caring and loving and still goes like a firecracker.

To end, we are very happy for my Dad and this journey he is about beginning. My Dad will be getting married at the end of October in Colorado and we are excited to be there with him and for him. We love him very very much. My Dad has has done so much for me in my life, and I could have not asked God for a better earthly father. We still miss and grieve the loss of my mom and we will miss and grieve her everyday. That well never change. But, we praise the Lord because His mercies are new every morning and for my Dad I could not be happier.

No comments:

Post a Comment