Monday, October 24, 2011

Samantha's First Pumpkin







Tonight we started a new tradition at our house.  We had Samantha clean out a pumpkin. We were surprised how focused she stayed. We figured after a couple of scoops she would be off and running but she didn't. At one point she went to the kitchen herself and pulled out a fork. She helped really well. Will cleaned and carved the pumpkin and then Samantha helped me prepare to roast the seeds. She loves helping me cook. When she sees I'm about to do something in the kitchen she pushes one of the kitchen table chairs over the counter and she actually listens and follows my instructions. And, can I tell you she loved loved loved the pumpkin seeds once they were roasted. We ate all of them. I was thinking I would save some for our upcoming road trip, nope. She had a blast and we had so much fun we decided this would be our thing for years to come.

One other story that happened tonight. Will gave Sam her bath and then wrapped her up and put her on the changing table. This is when she always gets her vitamin. She started saying, "Bee, bee." I was like maybe she is trying to say vitamin and then we were like no she knows how to say vitamin. I told her to show Daddy and she took his finger and had him point to the tiniest little spider on her changing table basket. We were like ohhh. So, teachable moment, "Thats a spider, no touch, yuck." Then she started to squeal, "yuck, yuck, yuck!" It was so funny. Every bug she sees that she don't know what it is is a bee. It took me awhile to convince her that flies were flies and not bees.

Great night at the Hart house!

No comments:

Post a Comment