Tuesday, August 21, 2012
3D Ultrasound
Today we had our 3D ultrasound. It is not a routine ultrasound but something you have to pay extra for and do outside of normal doctor sonograms. I was on the fence about doing it because I felt like it just gave too much away and took away from the surprise. I did want to make sure one more time that he was still a he and let me tell you that in 3D there are nooo questions. He is a boy! We didn't get to do this with Samantha and now that I have done it I'm really glad that we did. It was an amazing experience. He smiled at us and really did a great job in front of the camera. When she started and he could feel the ultrasound device on my stomach he smashed his face up against it as to check it out. The last picture is the end of the ultrasound. You could tell he was tired from the attention and we watched him curl up on his favorite side and start to go to sleep. His hand looks like he is holding something, he is, his umbilical cord. She said that she has seen babies actually chew or play with them. Glad he wasn't doing that. We got a lots of pictures printed out, these are just a few out of many. We got one framed, and a cd. I can look back and say it was well worth it, and it really made me feel like this is real and we are going to have two kiddos. She measured him and he measured at 29 weeks and 2 days which would put his birth day at November 1 (of course this is just an estimation). A couple of exciting discoveries were the dimple on the one cheek and hair on his head! Overall, incredible day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment