Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Hart Update

So, I was recently harassed by a dear friend of mine that I have not updated the blog recently. Okay, that is true. I just really have been busy, so I will try to tell you what has been going on.

The first week of January all three of us got the flu, then that weekend I had a car wreck. Don't freak out! I was not hurt at all and after a month in the shop my car is good as new. Will has been working hard, and leading worship at the church almost every Sunday. After a year of co-leading he is really good, and God has really blessed him with leadership ability, musical skill, and passion for worship. It has been awesome to be his wife and watch him grow in this area.

I have been busy too. My stroller exercise class was moved from once a week to twice a week and I have had great attendance, and I have a real loyal group. These women motivate me to get out of the house even in our ridiculous winter weather. (I will not talk about the weather in this blog!) I am also leading a women's Bible study on Mondays. It is going awesome! We are doing the book Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World by Joanna Weaver. I really do recommend it to everyone. On Wednesday I meet with my friends and Samantha's friends (Mom group) at a local coffee shop and that really gets me through the week. I have developed some amazing friendships this past year, and am just overwhelmed by these new friends. We take care of each others kids, encourage each other, and I could go on and on. I am also apart of a local competition. I am in the Biggest Loser competition. I lost 49 pounds last year, and still have some to go, but this last bit is coming off much slower, so this group keeps me accountable and motivated. I have a friend doing it with me, and she has been a great encouragement. On June 5th, I will be running a half marathon with two other friends. We have been training together and I love it. I think if I were not running with these gals right now I would be depressed from the snow and freezing below weather. I'm sorry friends in Texas, but you really have nothing to complain about. Wednesday nights Will and I are taking a class at church called the Truth Project. I have really enjoy it, and if your church ever offers it, DO IT! Okay, well I think that sums up January for Will and I.

Samantha, oh Samantha. I don't even know where to begin with my darling Samantha. She was changed and grown so much! She is very independent and knows what she wants! But, she is going through this phase where she wants to be picked up just so she knows we will still hold her. We try to balance knowing when she really needs to be picked up, and when she is just checking in. I'm going to do a bulleted list of all the things I can remember.
- She loves the dogs more than ever. She loves to give Mo a hug and kiss (open mouth, so gross). Baila runs from her when Sam tries to hug her. Its so funny.
- Sam has been trying to jump. She did a full jump at the beginning of the month and thought it was hilarious and has been trying to do it again. The result has been skipping. Samantha skips around the room while I sing Skip to My Lou.
- Sam loves to twirl. I sing twirl, twirl, twirl, and she straightens one arm, cocks her wrist and the twirls until she gets dizzy and crashes. Its hysterical.
- She has become very very lovey. She loves hugs and kisses.
- She loves the church nursery and she knows where it is, and just goes there whether we are with her or not (we are always behind her).
- Samantha loves people and she loves kids.
- She climbs on the couch and has learned to "sit like a big girl".
-She can go up and down stairs alone with adult supervision.
-I got Sam Baby Einstein's Baby Sign Language. She loves the puppets, but I was frustrated when I watched it because she already says half the words. She has been signing "more" more often when she wants to do something, not really when she wants more to eat.
- When Samantha wants a cup she goest to the dishwasher and puts both hands on it and goes "OOOOO." She does the same to the frig when she wants a snack.
- We bought her a potty and before she takes a bath we practice sitting on the potty. She will sit on it once by herself. That's it.
- My favorite thing. Samantha tries to use my name in as many ways and volumes to see what reaction and attention she gets from me. My favorite is, "Hey MOM!"
- This week Samantha picked up the word "Go." She was running with her push walker, yes running, and saying, "Go, go, go, go, go." It was so precious and then again when the track girls where running at the indoor track when we were there. Sam started to run behind them saying, "Go, go, go, go." But, the funnest use of go was this evening after church. We were on our way home in the car and Will was talking about the men's breakfast every Wednesday morning at 6:30. I said, "You should go." And from the backseat we immediately heard, "Go, go, go, go." We started laughing and Will was like, "Well, I guess I need to go." Sam just started laughing.

Well, I hope that gives you an idea of what the Harts have been up to. Sorry I'm behind. This next month my dad is coming to visit for awhile and we are going to Oklahoma to see family. This month will go by really fast, so maybe this post will have to be for January and February. Love to all of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment