I realize I am becoming a horrible blogger and now only blog like once a month. I also should just change the name of the blog to Samantha, but honestly she is all I would ever blog about anyway. She has grown up so much and her vocabulary grows and she is now talking in sentences, which freaks us out sometimes. It just takes us a back when she actually answers us now.
We are now starting on a new journey and I thought it would be funny to blog each day about it. While in Denver Samantha really started showing signs of potty readiness. We have been practicing sitting on the princess potty since she was 12 months and she has always done great with that, but last week she started telling me when she needed to go, getting toilet paper and wiping and then flushing it, and I was like I don't think I'm ready for this. So, last Friday we tried a day of pull-ups and potty training. I could never catch her to get her to pee in the potty, just always in the pull-up. Then, then I saw that she was ready to do #2 and rushed to the potty. Success!! Saturday, nothing. Sunday 3/4 times #2 in the potty!! Monday, nothing. Tuesday, success! Wednesday, success!!! Not only that, but she tells me when she has to go. It is something like, "Hurry, hurry, hurry!!" Then we frantically strip down and start the process. One time afterwards, I was celebrating saying, "You did it, You did it!!!" Samantha replied, "I did it!" It was a great moment. Today she really showed me she was ready when at a coffee shop she told me she needed to go and with my help sat on the big potty, not afraid, and went #2. That was the real sign that, "Mom, I know you are not ready, but I'm doing this."
So, what is next. After consulting expert moms, I came to the conclusion I was dreading. Although I am not ready, Samantha is obviously ready and we must proceed. Pull-ups are too much like diapers and do not encourage potty use. Today, I bought 20 pairs of pretty panties and washed them and tomorrow afternoon after working out (for my sanity) and a nap we will start hard core potty training. This means clean-ups and going through lots of panties. I really was hoping with pull-ups I would get to avoid this. Nope. We will not leave the house Thursday afternoon until maybe Sunday for church. Maybe no church on Sunday. We will see. (I don't know if I could do that to the nursery workers.) And, I'm going to document on the blog so the next blog posts are going to be titled Diaries of a Potty Training Mom. I am sure they will be entraining. So....
Signing off... Potty Training Mom
P.S. Please send prayers and chocolate.
LOL- gotta love it! If she is already doing all that, you will be surprised how well she does. At least she is not scared of the potty! Good luck, and yes, have Will stock you up with lots of laundry detergent and chocolate. :)
ReplyDelete