Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Happy Birthday Sam!

I can't believe it! Today Samantha is 1 month old. I couldn't say that it has gone by fast, but I can't believe how much she has grown and changed over the last month. She smiles, she coos, and oh yes she crys. She is wonderful though, and we love her. I would say last night and today have been a success. We are following BabyWise and Jo Hardwick's advice. Thanks Jo for all your help. And lets see. Last night she went and did her nap until like 11:45 pm, which was a first! Then, I fed her even though I thought it was early to eat, but she seemed hungry, and then she slept until 4! I actually had to go wake her up since she still needs to eat at least once in the middle of the night. She didn't wake up until 6:30! Her first two naps of the day have been good too. Right now she is taking her nap and I can hear her fussing around but no cries. I'll take it. She is a noisy sleeper. Anyway, praising the Lord for small victories. MoJo is glad to because when she cries he is very upset. At one point I went in and looked in her crib and Mo put his front paws on the crib and looked in too. I just started laughing. I'm hoping Samantha gets into the swing of things soon. Oh, I spoke too soon, she is crying, have to go.

Happy 1 Month Birthday Samantha!

3 comments:

  1. Keep it up...its a roller coaster, but sure worth it! We use BW and Secrets of a Baby Whisperer. I like the latter's idea of cluster feeding in the evenings (to "tank" them up...haha) and then 'dreamfeeding' them in their sleep. Haven't had much luck with the dreamfeed until recently, but have lots of friends who's babies loved it early on and it extended their nights by several hours. Here is an excellent blog to help you,

    http://babywisemom.blogspot.com

    enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. she is so beautiful. and ash, she looks just like you. i just love all that hair and those bright eyes! it is such a joy to go into the blog and see this precious baby. i can not believe she is already 1 month old!

    ReplyDelete