Monday, April 26, 2010

First solids

Well, we know its early to start solids but there are several reasons we are trying this week. Samantha is 16 weeks old and she is almost right there. She has been staring and drooling when I eat my food, its kinda distracting. She is eating more and I'm having trouble keeping up with her. She sits up great, and holds her head up fine, and so we thought we would give it a shot this week. We have tried supplementing with formula but the child screams bloody murder when we try to give her a bottle. She is actually taking to the rice cereal pretty well. We are using the formula up with it because its expensive! I think once I'm out of formula I will just use water. She will probably like it better. I'm proud of her. She sucks on the spoon and doesn't pull away or scream. We are both learning and I would say she eats like 30% of it. We make a horrible mess. If she is not spitting some of it out, I"m spilling it on her. We are having fun though. I said I would give it this week and if she is not eating more of it then we will wait another month.


No comments:

Post a Comment