Sunday, May 27, 2012

I'm Back!!!

I have to admit that I abandoned this blog for awhile because most of my pictures go on Facebook, but as I finished Samantha's baby book I realized how valuable this blog has been to our family as it has allowed us to track all of our journeys. Therefore, this post is going to be a long catch up post of what the Harts have been doing since October.

Well, last year was crazy. We found out in August that my Dad was getting married and then found out in early October that we were being transferred to Midland, TX in November. We were thrilled to get to move back to Texas. I never in my life thought that I would be excited to move to Midland, but compared to Wyoming, Midland is paradise. We decided that during the Thanksgiving holiday we would have the movers pack us and put our stuff in storage in Midland. Will had to report to his new job the Monday following Thanksgiving break, so it worked out that he was there with us during the packing and moving. Thank goodness Samantha spent most of the time at Chantry's house with her family, so that I could get the cleaning done. We headed down to Dad's for Thanksgiving and that is where Samantha and I resided for 7 weeks. We were so blessed to sell our house in Gillette in less than a week and closed on it the second week of January. Closing is a long process especially when you are using a transfer company. We were also blessed to find a house in Midland on December 10th and closed on it January 16. As far as transfers goes we had an extremely fast and successful one. We did have some big hiccups throughout, but God had His hand over the whole thing and really smoothed any rough edges.

We have been in Midland since January 16. We love it. We love the weather. We are getting into the heat right now, but I just do all my outdoors playing and errand running in the morning and then Samantha gets to paint inside in the afternoons. We joined Mid-Cities Community Church. They are unique because they are in between Odessa and Midland serving both communities. We joined a life group and I'm excited to see how the Lord uses us here.

Samantha has had an amazing year so far in Midland. I was thrilled to get her into a Parent's Day Out program. I was afraid since we came in the middle of the year that we would miss out, but they had just added a two year old class and we were able to slip in. She did that Tuesdays and Thursday and she loved it. She started to grow so much in what she was learning by just going twice a week and she talks about her friends all the time. We also did a Bible study called BFS on Wednesdays. While I was in the women's group Samantha was doing age appropriate Bible study. I won't ever forget the morning she came into my room singing, "Holy, holy, holy." I about cried. This summer we are going to do a lot of swimming and she started gymnastics. It was so funny on her first day, poor thing was getting her little behind kicked by allergies, and we were having a rough day. I was proud of her though because even though she had no idea how to do half the things they were asking her to do she just tried her best and never skipped anything. She is the youngest in this class by a year. They said she would be able to catch up. We will see if she likes it to continue through the summer. I'm hoping that now that we have the allergies under control she will do better next week. My goal with Samantha this next three months in to keep her busy, continue learning, and active. She has become quit the little painter, so we will be going to Hobby Lobby a lot to gather art supplies.

Will and I are doing good and Will is liking his job here. We have one more announcement to add to this blog to get all caught up, but I'm going to do that on another post.

No comments:

Post a Comment