Sunday, May 27, 2012

This is the post you have been waiting for!

Can you Count the Harts?
 This is how we announced to everyone on facebook that we are expecting our second child. We are so excited to complete our family and to see how this little one will add to all of us. Samantha has been slowly warming up to the idea of having a baby in the house. I think because now at 16 weeks I am really showing she can tell. Tonight she told baby good night and gave my tummy a kiss. Here is an update on how we are doing:
* heard the heartbeat at 10 weeks: 167 heartbeats a minute
* heard the heartbeat at 14 weeks: 158 heartbeats a minute
* Wednesday May 23 felt the first big kick although for the past week had felt little flutters.

This pregnancy has had its challenges. Here is how it has gone so far:
Month 1: Crazy food cravings from Whataburger to movie theater hot dogs. I had a huge appetite and felt like I was starving all the time.
Month 2: Extreme fatigue and abdominal pain. Put on bed rest several times and really had to limit my activity. Had an ultrasound done at 7 weeks to make sure everything was okay since I was having so many complications. All test came out fine.
Month 3: Extreme, extreme fatigue and dizziness and faintness. Added iron, vitamin C and B12 to my supplements and started to feel better. Started to wear my prego clothes already and showing a lot!
Month 4: Thank goodness I'm in the 2 trimester!!!! Feeling a lot better and hoping with the new energy I will be able to start water aerobics and use the stationary bike at the gym. I was hoping to use my elliptical this pregnancy, but there is just no way. I'm carrying this baby so low that by the end of the day I'm really sore. We are so excited about this new baby and can't wait to see him or her around November 10th.
Week 14

No comments:

Post a Comment