Today we went to the recreation center for the first time. Gillette just built a huge and beautiful rec center with an amazing pool for little kids. I was scared because I really don't like water at all, but I don't want Samantha to be like me, so we went with our friends Chantry and her 10 month old daughter Maddie. At first Samantha was kinda whinny and apprehensive about everything, but as soon as she got use to all the noise and people she had a blast. She didn't even cry when she got water in her mouth or in her face. She loved watching all the kids, and would laugh and smile at all of them. At one point I put her by the wall and she held the wall while I held her butt and she just kicked her legs like crazy. Sam would squeal in delight and shriek and talk. I also sat her on the wall and she would lean forward to fall into the pool and of course I would catch her. She loved it! The rec started swimming lessons at 6 months and we are going to do it. I hope Will gets to go with us soon so he can see how well she does. We plan to go at least once a week with our friends. Samantha update: Last week she started sleeping through most of the night which was great while we were Denver. As we have returned home we are adjusting back to life and that has been difficult. I think there are several factors that have gone with that. I think we are having a growth spurt, which she is never quit herself when we are going through that and teething maybe in play. She is also having some separation anxiety from mommy. She was always good about playing in her pen or bouncing in her bouncer, but this week she would not have any of that and she is not sleeping as well as she did last week. We did take the wedge out of her bed because she can now roll. In fact, the past couple of nights she has rolled and slept some on her tummy, but when I put her on her tummy to slept she gets mad. So, this week we are just not ourselves, but still a relatively happy baby. She also sits up really well if I sit her up but has yet to pull herself to a sitting position. Its been difficult because I have not gotten anything done or cooked hardly at all because she has been more fussy. I'm hoping this is all a phase and well phase out. She is still amazing and wonderful. And no matter where we are she can get anyone to smile at her and gets lots of attention.
love your pictures!! i'm so glad you're going to start sammie in swimming lessons, that will be so much fun for all of you. and the cake you had made for your dad is just awesome!! grandma and i would love a copy of the picture, would you email it to me??? congrats on the new wheels!! hope to see you when you all are in Texas, email me your details and lets work something out okay?? i'd hate for you all to be so close and not get to see you, i'll come to you okay!!! during the week is okay too, anytime is will be good. love you all!
ReplyDelete