Monday, June 7, 2010

Weekend Events

Last week and this weekend have been a whirlwind. We left Thursday early in the morning and got to Denver at 2:00. We had to return Will's work truck that he has been driving for the past two years to the company. We were very sad to see it go, but feel blessed that we have been able to have it and have been able to save money. We then checked into our hotel, which, was in the ghetto. We stayed on Colfax, opps. Thursday evening we surprised my Dad at a reception his company was having for him. My dad retired after 31 years of working for Anadarko. I'm so proud of him. It was a very bitter sweet moment. We didn't stay long because Samantha was done and screaming and my dad had a lot of people to say good bye to.

Friday, we began our search for a new car and it was exhausting. We got back to the hotel later than we wanted so we had to hurry and get ready for my dad's surprise retirement party. It was at the Lansdowne Arms, which is where he eats the most. We were sooo behind, but Will's boss got there early and saved tables for us and the Pahls also got their early for us and picked up the cake. I dropped Will off there at 6:15 and then picked my dad up and we arrived at 6:30. Everyone was there. There were 32 of us total! We had such a great time. It was absolutely wonderful. After the party we went to Starbucks with the Pahls and then went over to the Froistad's house before returning to the ghetto...hehe.

Saturday we went back on the hunt. Will's mom came in town so she helped watched Samantha for us. We were so tired and frustrated that we almost gave up. But, we did it! We found a car. It is a 2007 Jeep Liberty. It is a goldish color and thats about all I can tell you about it. I'm not a car person. Its great though. It was in our price range and way below our millage range. We celebrated by eating dinner with Roberta and then having tea with my dad at Chilis before returning to the ghetto.

Sunday, we meet my dad at his house and helped him pack for a couple of hours and then drove the 6 hour drive home. I'm still exhausted from the weekend and Samantha wasn't quite herself today. But, she was the best baby ever. This was a very long weekend and she did great. I'm so proud of her. She is the best baby anyone could ask for.

Thank you to all of our friends that took part in this weekend. You are so special to us. The Lord has blessed us abundantly, and sometimes I still rub my eyes because I can't believe his blessings over us. I'm so thankful to have a God that doesn't keep record of our sin, or count the minutes of our quiet times. Instead, He loves us. Oh, how He loves.

No comments:

Post a Comment