Friday, July 2, 2010

6 month Update

I will put pictures up this weekend in her chair. She is getting so big and life with a baby is really fun now. We went to the doctor today for her check up and shots. She weighted 15 pounds 6 oz. and measured 25 inches long. I think she is still in the 50% which is good. She will always be tiny. She did really good with her shots and this time she didn't cry when the doctor checked her over. She still has a heart murmur, but at this time there is nothing that we will do about it. There isn't much to report but I will kind of give you an idea about what our days are like.

* Samantha can sit by herself although she is not pulling herself to sitting yet. I don't worry about her falling over any more.
* She rolls everywhere. I can't leave her by herself any more.
* We went through a 2 week phase of not wanting to play or be put down. I think do to a growth spurt and teething. But, now we love to play and be in our bouncer again.
* She loves to be bounced on your knee. When you stop she kicks like to start a motorcycle.
* I have discovered that if I put her in her highchair and put in Baby Einstein Baby Noah in the laptop she will watch it intensely, which allows me to cook and keep an eye on her. Plus, its educational :)
* Nap wise: We are napping!!!! She takes an 1 1/2 nap in the mornings and then usually 2 1hour naps in the afternoon. If one of those afternoon naps goes longer, then great! She is taking her naps in her crib now, again great!
* I think she is starting to grow out of needing to be rocked. She wiggles a lot and stretches out and I end up putting her in her crib and she fusses for a bit and then falls asleep. We will continue to play that by ear.
* Oh, I'm becoming one of those moms who has to be home for nap time, because if we are out she does not nap. This includes the car. There is just too much to watch if we are out and about and Sam doesn't want to miss a thing.
* Samantha is sleeping on her tummy or side. I have a video monitor which is great. I don't put her on her tummy, but now that she is an experienced roller she rolls herself over.
* No teeth.
* Eating: She loovesss sweet peas and apple sauce. She likes sweet potatoes, squash, bananas, carrots, and pears. She HATES peaches. The cereal that she eats now is rice and barely.
She eats okay. Some meals she eats better than others and some days she eats better than others. Her main nutrition is still from breast milk and she gets one formula bottle a day, therefore, I don't get worried about how much solids she does or doesn't eat.
* I talked to my doctor today about weaning from breastfeeding. It is not my intentions to wean her until 1 year but I think she is weaning herself. She eats great at 7 am and great right before bed at 7 pm, but during the day she does not enjoy being stuck in one place. She eats, plays, eats, plays, and breastfeeding this way is very difficult. When she has her bottle she eats it much better. We are just going to be flexible with this and see how she goes.

I think thats about it. We are having a blast and as I keep telling folks, or if they are on the phone with me while she is up can hear for themselves, she is a talker. She talks to her toys, she shrieks in delight, she growls, and her new favorite thing is smacking her lips and making gurgling sounds. She is also a people person and loves making others smile and laugh at her. I think she is going to have big personality and I can't wait to see how it continues to develop.

We are so thankful for a wonderful little girl, who is the absolute joy of our lives. God has blessed us tremendously and there isn't a day that goes by that I'm not fully aware of how He has blessed us.

No comments:

Post a Comment