
At 6:55 am this morning Will quickly sat up and looked over me to the video monitor. He then sprang to his feet and rushed into Samantha's room in which I heard, "Sam, what are you doing?" This is what she was doing. Usually when she wakes in the morning I always hear her because she either cries or talks to her bunny. This morning she quietly pushed herself to the corner of her crib, sat up, pulled herself up, and when trying to reach for the monitor on the rail, pushed it off the side. That was the thunk that made Will sit straight up in bed, and look at the monitor. By the way, she had disappeared in the monitor view. As I laid there listening to Will ask Samantha what she was doing I knew exactly the look that she gave him. She has this melting, "I'm not doing anything Daddy" grin. So, tonight Will is lowering the crib and we will probably take the bumpers out since that is what she used to climb her way to that position.
On another note, today she is staying with a friend while I get my hair done. Hope we do okay. Cross your fingers and send a little prayer out for us.
I'm glad Sam gave you a little warning that she had figured out how to pull up! Last week, I just heard the sudden scream of pain over the monitor and ran in to find Wesley on the ground!! I had NEVER gone in there to even see him sitting up, much less pulled up. Needless to say, his crib got lowered instantly!! They grow and learn things so fast!
ReplyDeleteMelody, we bought a video monitor and it was not cheap but it is the best thing ever! I would survive without it. I love your blog by the way!
ReplyDeleteHey! Sorry I haven't called you :( We have been so busy! And no, I don't make my own applesauce, but I do make my own pearsauce (more fiber) if you'd like the recipe! Can't WAIT to see you guys on Sunday. Briseis and I are coming in for the day :)
ReplyDelete