Naps are getting better. She still fusses and cries a lot before her naps but she is napping and the naps are getting longer and better. We got a crib wedge so that her mattress is inclined to help her reflux and sleeping positioners to keep her still. Well, they doen't really keep her still. That child is all over the crib. Yesterday morning Will asked me if I layed Sam horizontal in her crib. I was tired so instead of saying no, I said, "Why would I do that?" And, he replied will thats how she is laying. Therefore, I am constantly checking on her when she sleeps to make sure she is safe.
Other than the naps, she is a blast. Funny story. We had her on the pink stuff (antibiotic for her ears) and we didn't realize she was storing the pink stuff in her check and not swallowing it. Well, Will hates that stuff. I guess he was on it all the time when he was baby. He bent down to kiss her and she razzed him and sprayed that pink stuff all over his face and in his mouth. I laughed so hard.
Today we went to the doctor. She had gas for some reason and screamed the whole time so when she got her shots no one could tell the difference. She is growing and looking great. She is very strong and the doctor couldn't hear the heart murmur, which is good. Although, it might have been because of all the screaming. Anyway, Samantha is 10 lb 1 oz and I think 21 1/2 inches long. I can't find her sticker that says it. We will go back for a check up and more shots May 3rd.
My dad came this weekend and it was so fun. That little girl was held all the time between Papa holding her and it being the weekend with her Dad home. Speaking of, I have the kindest husband. He made pancakes for breakfast on Saturday and let me take a nap! He said thats going to be his new thing, and I said, "Amen."
What else, oh Samantha has learned to reach up and grab objects. I know this because Sunday she reached up and grabbed my big gold hoop earring. That was fun. And, last night I heard clicking noises and it was Samantha making them with her tongue. I cracked up. Anyway, I think that is all the news for now. Tomorrow I will try to take pictures in her chair for 2 months to see how much she has grown.
that is way cool. she is an awesome little one! are you showing sammie pictures of us so we (me) won't scare her when we finally get to see her???
ReplyDeletelove ya all!
aunt k