Homemade pizza crust: (from the wonderful cook Jo Hardwick)
1 package of dry yeast
1/2 warm water
2-2 1/2 flour
1 tsp sugar
3/4 tsp salt
1 egg
1 1/2 tsp oil
Put the dry yeast in the water and dissolve for 5-10 minutes. Then add 1 cup flour, sugar, salt, egg, and oil. Slowly add up to 1 cup flour to keep it from getting sticky. Put in greased bowl and then cover in plastic wrap and let rise.
Toppings in this order:
1. Olive oil with oregano, basil, thyme, rosemary, and a dash of black pepper. We eyeballed the amounts. Do what you think will taste good. Make sure you put evenly over crust and don't be shy. Also, brush olive oil over crust ends so it becomes golden.
2. Mozzarella cheese
3. Fresh spinach leaves
4. Chicken- I baked chicken breast in the oven with seasoning salt and lemon pepper. Then I diced it into little pieces.
5. Sun-dried tomatoes
6. Black olives
7. Feta cheese- I don't love feta cheese so I don't put that much.
8. Sprinkling of mozzarella cheese just to get the ingredients to stick together.
9. Basil and oregano
Cook for 15-17 minutes on 400 degrees.
Let me know if you try it. We loved it!!!
Ohhh, this looks good! I'm going to have to try it out. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
ReplyDeleteyou can make us pizza while you're here this weekend...it looks amazing (except for the olives...)! good job, ash!! and thanks for the shout-out.
ReplyDelete